Join us on Wednesday, July 12th, at Venture X Richmond for an in-person meetup. Kent Brake (Senior Principal Solutions Architect at Elastic) will present on Vector Search, followed by networking, pizza, and refreshments.
Please RSVP if you plan on attending so we can provide the venue with an accurate headcount.
Date and Time:
Wednesday, July 12th, from 5:30-7:30 pm
Venture X Richmond – Scotts Addition
1806 Summit Ave Suite 300, Richmond, VA 23230
- 5:30 pm: Doors open; say hi, grab a seat, and eat some food.
- 6:00 pm: Kent Brake's (Senior Principal Solutions Architect at Elastic) presentation on Vector Search
- 6:45 pm - 7:30 pm: Networking & refreshments
- 7:30 pm: Event ends
Elasticsearch: Vector and Hybrid Search - Kent Brake, Senior Principal Solutions Architect at Elastic
Search is not just traditional TF/IDF anymore: the current trend of machine learning and models has opened another dimension for search. This talk gives an overview of:
- “Classic” search and its limitations
- What is a model and how you can use it
- How to use vector search or hybrid search in Elasticsearch
- Where OpenAI’s ChatGPT or similar LLMs come into play with Elastic