• 19:00 Doors open, Snack and Drinks
• 19:30 Intro
• 19:35 Made to Measure: Ranking Evaluation using Elasticsearch by Daniel Schneiter
• 20:10 Scale Your Elasticsearch Cluster by Philipp Krenn
• 20:40 Networking Snacks, Drinks, Beer
This meetup will be hosted by Zurich Insurance AG, Hagenholzstrasse 60 in 8050 Zürich.
## Made to Measure: Ranking Evaluation using Elasticsearch by Daniel Schneiter
The evaluation of search ranking results is a complicated task, but the new Elasticsearch Ranking Evaluation API tries to make it easier to measure well-known information retrieval metrics. This helps to make better relevance tuning decisions and allows to evaluate and optimize query templates over a wider range of user needs. There will be a short introduction into ranking evaluation followed by a demo of the API.
## Scale Your Elasticsearch Cluster by Philipp Krenn
Elasticsearch is highly scalable, but some recent additions make it easier to tie everything together the right way. In this talk we discuss:
* Index Lifecycle Management or how to automate having a multi-tier architecture and how this actually works in the background.
* Frozen Indices for much higher storage density per Elasticsearch node and its tradeoffs.
* Rollups or how to aggregate metrics over time.
The goal of this talk is to make your cluster management less complex and more cost effective.
## Daniel Schneiter
Daniel has been working in the search industry for more than a decade and is a trainer at Elastic.