We're pleased to announce Elastic meetup at Tradeshift! Many thanks for hosting and providing a speaker.
We'll be serving food and drink, so come hungry for both knowledge and pizza!
Our agenda at the moment:
* 6:30 PM: Doors open, refreshments served, networking
* 7:00 PM: Jesper Terkelsen, Senior Developer and Lead on Tradeshift Globalisation effort
* 7:30 PM: Honza Kral, Software Engineer at Elastic Co. with short demos of several Elasticsearch features
* 8:00 PM: Luca Cavanna, Elasticsearch Core Developer, Elastic Co., and Honza will conclude the meetup with open Q&A from the audience.
* Jesper Terkelsen has been doing software development for 10+ years, doing everything from telecommunication, to consulting, media aggregation/search and now taking a major part in fulfilling Tradeshifts goal of creating a global business platform. He will be speaking a bit about our general use of Elasticsearch and then dive more deeply into our ambition for having a global Elasticsearch index, with local cluster on different continents and different datacenters.
* Honza Kral is Python developer at Elastic.co. Since Honza is scared of the bright and shiny world of browsers, designers, and users he prefers to stay buried deep in the infrastructure code and just provides others with tools to do the actual site-building. Since 2008 Honza has been building content web sites for fun and profit. During this time he discovered Elasticsearch which lead to him joining the company behind it in 2013 to work on the Python drivers.
* Luca Cavanna joined Elastic.co as a software engineer in July 2013, where he works on the company's search product, Elasticsearch. Prior to joining, he spent more than a decade focused on specialized Java consulting for firms like Trifork. When not thinking about Elasticsearch, Luca specializes in Java and Apache Lucene.