Join the Elastic Dallas User Group on Thursday, September 7th, at 6:30 pm for a meetup at CodeUp Dallas. Philipp Krenn, Developer Advocate at Elastic, will present on Enriching Data in the Elastic Stack, followed by pizza, networking, and refreshments.
Date and Time:
Thursday, September 7th, from 6:30 - 8:30 pm
900 Jackson St UNIT 410, Dallas, TX 75202
CodeUp is located on the 4th floor, unit 410
Parking options nearby include several garages or street parking in nearby blocks. Check out SpotHero to reserve a parking spot in advance!
- 6:30 pm: Doors open; say hi, grab a seat, and eat some food.
- 7:00 pm: Philipp Krenn, Developer Advocate at Elastic, will present on Enriching Data in the Elastic Stack followed by Q&A
- 7:45-8:30 pm: Networking & refreshments.
Talk Abstract: Enriching Data in the Elastic Stack - Philipp Krenn, Developer Advocate at Elastic
Make more out of your data by enriching it with metadata. But there are a couple of tradeoffs:
- When: Index- vs runtime — while Elasticsearch has historically always favored index-time, you can do both now. Which has an impact on performance and sometimes also correctness.
- Where: Edge vs central vs in-cluster — having an impact both on performance and operational aspects.
- How: Logstash vs Beats vs Agent (with Fleet) vs OpenTelemetry Collector vs Elasticsearch ingest pipeline vs Elasticsearch runtime fields — you are spoilt for choice.
- AI / ML, “de-richment” for personal data, and more complex use-cases all also have their space in this talk.