Join us on Tuesday, June 20th, at Improving Dallas for an in-person meetup featuring two presentations. Alexis Roberson (Developer Advocate at Elastic) will be presenting on Vector Search, followed by Sheldon Carmichael (Information Security Architect at Sally Beauty), who will cover Threat Detection & Hunting.
Please RSVP if you plan on attending so we can provide the venue with an accurate headcount.
Date and Time:
Tuesday, June 20th, from 6:00-8:00 pm
Improving Dallas - 5445 Legacy Dr #100, Plano, TX 75024
- 6:00 pm: Doors open; say hi, grab a seat, and eat some food.
- 6:15 pm: Alexis Roberson (Developer Advocate at Elastic) presentation on Vector Search
- 6:50 pm: Logs, Elastic & Cribl…Oh my!” with Sheldon Carmichael (Information Security Architect at Sally Beauty)
- 7:30 - 8:00 pm: Networking & refreshments
Elasticsearch: Vector and Hybrid Search - Alexis Roberson, Developer Advocate at Elastic
Search is not just traditional TF/IDF anymore: the current trend of machine learning and models has opened another dimension for search. This talk gives an overview of:
- “Classic” search and its limitations
- What is a model and how you can use it
- How to use vector search or hybrid search in Elasticsearch
- Where OpenAI’s ChatGPT or similar LLMs come into play with Elastic
Logs, Elastic & Cribl…Oh my! - Sheldon Carmichael, Information Security Architect at Sally Beauty
An overview of a journey to take in over 9TB/day of Endpoint data into Elastic for Threat Detection & Hunting. Going from 7 days of retention to over 30 days of retention through data reduction, data normalization & Elastic Deployment optimization.