Join the Elastic Student Community for a unique, hands-on opportunity to experience how Elastic Security delivers out-of-the-box capabilities that help SecOps teams do their jobs more effectively. Elastic’s powerful search and analytics capabilities help to eliminate blind spots and drive effective security operations. Elastic Security builds on this foundation to deliver powerful SIEM and endpoint security capabilities — arming every security team to stop threats at scale with an intuitive interface that helps analysts focus on honing their security skills faster. During this free, virtual event, attendees will view a short introduction to Elastic Security, then participate in a Capture the Flag exercise to investigate a real-life security incident.
You will be presented with a realistic scenario for the CTF: your organization is breached. You will receive a threat intelligence report that provides details to get you started. Your goal is to hunt for and identify evidence of the threat group’s malicious behavior.
*All times shown are in Pacific Time
- 12:00pm - 12:30 pm: Intro to Elastic Security and CTF logistics
- 12:30 pm - 1:30 pm: Capture the Flag activity
- 1:30 pm - 2:00 pm: Leaderboard review and presentation of awards
Who is the event for and what level of experience is needed?
This event is intended for all students curious or interested in learning about Elastic Security.
No prior experience is necessary but it is recommended participants review the Elastic Security Student Resource Guide prior to the event.
This event will be fully delivered in English.
- Learn about Elastic Security’s features and capabilities
- Immediately put your new knowledge into practice — hunt and investigate within a CTF exercise based on a real attack scenario
- Top 3 CTF winners at each event will be awarded with a prize, including cool Elastic swag!